In a tearful address to staff, President George Bush said goodbye. His presidency was marked by serveral monumental events. Through it all, he held to his convictions. Though many opposed the war in Iraq, getting rid of Saddam Hussain was a good thing. I believe his most notable deeds, though, were on the war against aids in Africa. Africa has had no better Presidential friend than Bush. Also under Bush and his Supream Court appointments, constitutional conservatives have had two great victories, one- the partial-birth abortion ban, and two- the overturning of the D.C. handgun ban.
Now that the liberals are in control of both the executive and legislative branches of government I'm afraid of what is going to happen. Here are some things I am worried about coming to pass under the new administration:
1. a weakening of America's defenses.
2. appointment of liberal judges.
3. overturning of the partial-birth abortion ban, and more federal funding of abortion.
4. gun bans starting with a new assult rife ban and moving to ammunition bans and eventually handgun bans and registration of all firearms.
5. a federal law legalizing homosexual marriage.
6. a widening of hate-crime laws to prevent ministers from preaching what the Bible teaches concerning homosexuality.
7. reinstituting the "fairness doctrine" in order to eliminate conservitave talk radio.
8. federal takeover of the internet.
9. represive enviornmental restrictions that will put many out of business, and a broadening federal take over of big business.
10. a restrictive treaty with the EU and Arab League.
11. a pull back from support of Israel.
that names a few... there are many others, but these are the ones that come to mind first and ones I believe we could easily see in the next four to eight years. God help us!