Monday, November 26, 2007

Politics

I do not like to talk about political campaigns from the pulpit, but I feel free to express my personal opinions in this open forum. God is not democrat or republican. God is sovriegn over all. It is He who establishes governments and likewise it is He who brings them down; all for His glorious purposes. However, we as American citizins should use our right to vote while we still can. That said I freely admit that I am a citizen of the Kingdom of God before I am an American. I have one King and one Lord who I am to obey and it is the Lord Jesus. So, when it comes to my vote I will not knowingly support anyone for office who is pro-abortion, I will not knowingly support anyone for office who is not a Christian (that is an evangelical, Bible believing, Christ-follower). If no candate fits my litmus test: I will not vote. Now some will say, you should support your party or at least support someone who has the same moral values. I say nuts! Enough of my rambling... suffice it to say that I am glad that God is in control. and Mike Huckabee can win if we will support him and if God wills it!

2 comments:

Dr. Mike Kear said...

I'm with you, Dr. Bob!

Although I am a democrat (me and Billy Graham), I think that Gov. Mike Huckabee and Dr. Ron Paul (both republicans) are men of true faith and integrity! I think people on both sides of the aisle are sick and tired of fake spirituality and outright hypocrisy. It's time for some leaders who are what they say they are. I am very impressed with Mike Huckabee and with Ron Paul.

Pastor Bob Farmer said...

Dear Mike,
Thanks for the comment. We need to pray for those men, but ultimately we need to pray for a greater spirit of unity between both parties. It has become way to polarized.