The antichrist is a term (often loosly) used to suggest a world ruler who would be the antithesis to the Christian Jesus. Many have been accused of being the antichrist from Nero to Hitler, Kissenger to Gorbachev. I John 2:18 states that the Antichrist is coming and already many antichrists have come. Antichrist means "in the place of" and "against" the Christ. The Apostle John points out that there is a future culmination of all that is antichrist in one person the Antichrist, but that already antichrists have appeared and are types of the future manifestation. What do we know about this coming Antichrist? The Bible gives us many clues:
1. He will be the leader of a revived Roman Empire (Dan. 9:26b, Rev. 13:1-10, Dan. 7:23-25).
2. He will be a gentile (Rev. 13:1 "sea" refers to the countries around the Mediterainian, the Sea of the Gentiles).
3. He may be a homosexual (Dan. 11:37).
4. He will make a peace treaty with Israel and allow the rebuilding of the temple but will break the treaty and desecrate the temple after three and a half years ( Dan. 9:27).
5. He will call himself god and make people worship him (2 Thess. 2:4, Rev. 13:8).
TO BE CONTINUED...