Monday, March 29, 2010

Learning the hard way

Last Thursday in my rush and excitement to get some shooting in between my busy schedule, I got to the range, put out my target and blasted three rounds with my M4 carbine (new gas piston version mind you) and lo and behold I forget a very important piece of equipment- ear protection. After about 30 rounds, I realized I had ruptured my ear drum-ouch. You would think after 30+ years of shooting I would remember something that important. Which reminds me of something that we as Christians often forget, and that is applying the armor of God through prayer. We are in a fierce and desperate spiritual battle and God has provided us His armor and His chosen weapon the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:10-18). But how often do we step out into the fray forgetting these very implements that will keep us safe and win for us the battle? I would say more often than not- even those of us who have been walking with the Lord for 20,30,40+ years. Prayer and the Word of God: don't leave home without it! And if your going shooting bring your earplugs.

1 comment:

LadyJ said...

We all must learn the hard way sometime! Just glad you lead such a Godly example in our home! Love u!